lunes, 31 de octubre de 2011

guillermo ueno - burzaco



Bringing together a range of international artists, filmmakers and photographers, i-D presents 25 short films on identity.

Burzaco

Film by Guillermo Ueno. "Identity is not an easy subject for me, my family emigrated from Japan 70 years ago, I was born in Argentina and I speak Spanish but I have always thought about Japan. I feel Japanese but when I went to live in Nagoya and Tokyo for a year and a half, they called me a 'gaijin' (a foreigner). I spent part of my life looking for an identity, some tradition, and now I realise that it is in my garden, in my friends, in my wife. I realised that Japan was not my place, and so this film is about my garden and the lights, the rain, the dust, my wife Lola and my friends." This poetic film attempts to capture Ueno's world "a kind of video for music and unknown places".

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario